I’m Leo Izen, a programmer of 19 years, and a huge nerd. This page is a bulletin board of personal space for me to stick whatever. Disclaimer: This page is not a portfolio or a resume. Please do not treat it as a distilled professional anthology presentation. (I can write inordinately obfuscatingly syllabic passages too!)
I have gone by a great many names on the internet: I am Leo Izen, Traneptora, and formerly known as thebombzen.
- FFmpeg Tips and Tricks - Various Tips and Tricks for using FFmpeg, mainly useful for the encoding community. More will be added periodically as I remember to add them.
- Creating Meme-Style Images in GIMP - An extremely thorough tutorial on how to create high-quality meme-style images in GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
Projects I Maintain
- hydrium - A fast, ultra-low-memory, streaming JPEG XL encoder written in portable C.
- JXLatte - A JPEG XL decoder written in pure Java.
- The Grimoire - A searchable Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition spellbook. This is a fork of Seph’s (ephe’s) Grimoire with several added features and tags (and various things fixed up). As of writing this, this fork is currently the most used one I could find on the internet (which is exactly as reliable of a statement as is sounds). Given the nature of D&D, I try to update the grimoire with the various errata, but I don’t guarantee that it’s perfectly correct or fully content-inclusive. Also, for the record, I’m shocked how I’ve managed to keep it maintained this long given that I don’t really know anything about Ruby or Jekyll. So if anyone wants to help me out with pull requests and such, please feel free.
- Orange Diff - Corporate wants you to show the difference between two pictures. Designed as a replacement for diff.pics and the like, but requires you to host the images elsewhere.
- Multiclass Spellcasting Calculator - Calculator for the number of spell slots possessed when multiclassing, in Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition.
- Deep Blue Sky - A discord bot written in python. Very WIP at the moment.
- Azur Lane Utilities - Some utilities I’ve written for the mobile game Azur Lane
- USCF Rating Estimator - An improved US Chess Rating Estimator based on performance in a tournament.
- mpv - Cross-platform open-source command-line media player. I’m a maintainer.
Projects I Have Contributed To
Stuff I likeHere’s a few things and resources I like. These are not mine.
- GIMP - It would be an understatement to say that I like GIMP. It gets a lot of hate, but I like it a lot.
- 0x0.st - Temporary paste and filehost service. No need to leave that stuff around forever.
- FFmpeg - Cross-platform open-source command-line multimedia swiss army knife. It’s great.
- mpv - Cross-platform open-source command-line media player. It’s also great.
- yt-dlp - Download YouTube videos from the command line. Wombo-Combo with mpv to play YouTube URLs directly from the command line. Fork of youtube-dl.
- Xpra - All the nice things about SSH X11 forwarding and all the nice things about VNC rolled in one.
- Scrcpy - Android Mirroring over ADB
- I go by the name Traneptora on the Internet when possible, using the avatar on the left.
- Discord - my personal server
- Stack Overflow
- My email - Make sure you replace firstname and lastname with my actual first and last name (scroll up).
- You can usually find me on the Libera Chat and Rizon IRC servers with the nickname traneptora.